The Kilkenny Time Trial League is an annual cycling league run by Kilkenny’s four largest cycling clubs and Kilkenny Triathlon Club. Each club hosts one event in their locality and a sixth, hill climb event is jointly organised. Competitors start at 30 second intervals and are individually timed on the route. Times for each event are ranked and points are assigned to form a leader board. The final event of the series is a team event, where each club submits teams of up to five members each.
Members of all five clubs are welcome to participate to either challenge for a top place or simply challenge themselves. Prizes are given in a wide range of categories and all are welcome to participate. To compete for a full finish we expect participants to take part in 3 of the 6 club races.
Details of the 2019 Time Trial League will be available soon.
Proposed Dates for the Time Trials: –
- Cillin Hill, Thursday 2nd May, hosted by Kilkenny Triathlon Club
- Kilmanagh, Thursday 9th May, hosted by Marble City Cyclers
- Castlecomer, Thursday 16th May, hsoted by Deenside Wheelers
- Callan, Thursday, 23rd May, Callan Cycling Club
- Hill Climb, Monday 27th May
- Kells, Thursday 30th May, hosted by Kells Angels Cycling Club
- Team Time Trial, Thursday 6th June